If your Samsung Tv has no sound, it can be incredibly frustrating! Luckily for you, I have rounded up 9 Samsung Tv no sound fixes and solutions that you can try in your own home!
Also, if you find your own fix, please share it down below in the comments as it will help other Samsung Tv users 🙂.
Samsung Tv no sound – How to Fix (9 Tips)
1. Disconnect and reconnect the cables
Wires connected to the back of your television carry signals from your video and audio source to your television. These wires get loose over time and can cause a bad connection between your audio source and your television.
Follow along to remove the possibility of a loss or badly connected cable.
- First, turn off your television using the power button on your remote.
- Then go through all the wires connected at the back of your television, pulling each one out and then plugging it back in.
- Make sure all the wires are properly connected and that there are no loose connections.
- Turn it back on with the power button on your remote.
This will hopefully rid you of a Samsung TV’s no sound issue. But if it’s still there, the next step will make sure that a bad wire is not the reason for this behavior.
2. Check For Bad Wires
Wires carry the signals from your external device to your television but constant exposure to air and moisture can deteriorate their condition and cause them to internally break with no visible damage on the outside. This results in a broken connection and no audio and sometimes even video on your television.
- Turn off your television using the power button on your remote.
- Then, turn over your television and take a picture of it with your phone so that you can remember what wire goes where.
- Ask a friend or a family member with a similar television, if you can borrow its cables which are known to work properly.
- Then with the help of the picture you took earlier connect one end of the wires to the appropriate slots on your television and the other end to your external device.
- Turn your television back on and see if it works properly now.
If your television works properly now, that means there was a bad wire which caused your Samsung TV’s no sound issue. You can go down to your local electronics store to buy yourself a new cable.
3. Speaker Selection
Modern televisions can not only produce audio from their built-in speakers but also use external speakers with better audio quality. If you can see the video on your screen but can’t hear any audio, the wrong set of speakers might be selected to produce audio.
To troubleshoot this problem, follow the guide below.
- First, look at your remote and find the button named “Menu”
- Then press that button and you’ll see a menu on your screen.
- Using the buttons on your remote, navigate to the option called “Sound” and select it.
- There you should see an option called “TV Speakers” and set it to on.
You will hopefully start hearing audio coming from your Samsung TV now.
4. Connect a different device
For this solution, you’re going to need an external audio output device e.g., external speakers. The no sound issue on the Samsung TV can also be due to faulty audio or video source.
Connect a different device to your television and see if you can hear any audio. If you can, that means the issue is not with the TV but with your external device. You can get in touch with that device’s manufacturer for further advice on the issue.
5. Soundbar power
Check if your television uses an external soundbar for its audio. Sometimes we turn on our television but forget to turn on the soundbar.
To make sure that’s not the case see if your soundbar is plugged into the wall. Also, see if it’s turned on. Press the power button, if an led lights up on your soundbar that means it powered on and will hopefully start producing sound. But in case the issue persists, on to the next one. Maybe that will work.
6. Soft Reboot
Usage for long periods can sometimes cause electronic devices to temporarily glitch. They will start behaving incorrectly, such as in your case won’t produce any audio. Most cases of these can be easily fixed by a procedure called “soft reboot” where you completely turn off your television.
- First, turn off your television with your remote.
- Then turn off any external devices connected to your television.
- Plug out the power cables from the socket and wait for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then plug the power cables back into the wall and turn everything on
7. Muted Satellite Box
Your television might use an external satellite box for showing you all the channels. That box has an audio setting of its own and might be muted from there which consequently results in no audio on your TV.
Troubleshooting this is very easy. You should have a remote which came with that satellite box. Increase the volume on the satellite box with that remote to more than a half. This will disengage any mute on your satellite box and will help you get back audio on your television.
8. Swapping ports
Modern Televisions have multiple HDMI ports so that you can display video from multiple sources. To make sure that a faulty port is not an issue, try plugging your HDMI cable coming from an external device to a different port at the back of your TV.
Check now if you can hear any audio coming from your TV. If yes, voila! You’re done. If not, there’s one more thing we can try. Let’s go.
9. Diagnostic Test
If you’re this much down the list that means you’ve tried everything you could. Let’s narrow down the problem and see if your television is not the cause for this issue. We can run a diagnostic test which troubleshoots if there’s anything wrong with your television’s speakers.
For this follow me through each step of the process.
- First, turn on your television with your remote’s power button.
- Find the menu button on your remote and press it.
- Then select the option by the name “Support” in the menu.
- Select an option called “Self Diagnosis” and then select “Sound Test”
Your television should start playing a song. This will help you diagnose if there’s an issue with your television or if its’ some external factor.
Hopefully, I was able to help you get your television to start working properly and you can hear the sound coming from it. If not and your problem persists, then you can try contacting Samsung’s customer support or your nearest electronics repairs shop for further guidance.
It is no secret that the electronics giant Samsung is the manufacturer of the best displays in the market. That’s why it sells more televisions every year than any other company in the world.
However, when one of the most basic and important parts of television – its sound – stops working, it can make you question whether the money you paid for the premium quality Samsung Tv could’ve been put to better use.
But worry no more for I am here to help you fix your Samsung TV’s no sound issue. I will guide you through several troubleshooting options to get the audio back on your Samsung television. You’’ be able to get back to binge-watching your favorite shows in no time. So, let’s get started!