No Sound on iPhone During Calls
When someone calls, I can’t hear them through the receiver or speaker phone, and I can’t hear music through the speaker. I also can’t be heard by someone who is calling me.
- Verify that there is nothing plugged in to the headset jack, including headsets, headphones, or adapters.
- While on the Home screen, adjust the volume buttons. If you see the icon below, indicating that headphones are attached, there may be debris or an object lodged in the headset jack:
- Check the headset jack. If there is an object lodged in the headset jack that is not easily removed, have the iPhone serviced to remove object.
- For Original iPhone: If there is light debris, such as lint, in the headset jack, try connecting a pair of headphones to the headset jack and then remove the headphones. Repeat this several times to remove the debris. [adinserter block=”1″]
- If you have installed a protective film on the display, either ensure that the receiver is not covered or remove the film completely.
- Check the receiver mesh (which is on the top front of the device, above the display). If it appears blocked, use a clean, small, dry, soft-bristled brush to carefully and gently brush away any debris.
- If you have paired with a Bluetooth headset that is nearby, either use the headset or turn Bluetooth off (chooseSettings > General > Bluetooth).
- Restart the iPhone.
- If restarting the iPhone doesn’t resolve the issue, try restoring your device. [adinserter block=”1″]
- If these steps do not provide you with any help with no sound on iphone during calls view my post on No iPhone Sound for more steps and solutions.